Monday, June 26, 2017

The House That Built US - Week 20

So I managed to go all week at the beach and only text about the house once. I made the comment to Kinley that I was going to ask for pictures of what all they had done and he told me not too because he wanted to be surprised! lol I kept my text simple just making sure that everything was going well and see if we needed to do anything next week.

We traveled home on Saturday and made a trip by the new place before we even went home. I cannot express my shock when we pulled around and seen that half the exterior had been painted!!

Inside the house they had also started painting with Kinley and Lanies room being completed. Talk about one excited little girl when she went in and seen her all purple room. 

They also started on my fireplace mantle, built my mudroom built-in personal drop space, finished the crown in my tray ceilings and had the AC units in and running (which I am sure the painters appreciated). 

This next week we are starting on tiling the master bathroom shower and tub. That should take about a week then the contractor will return and hopefully we will be starting on all the finishing touches for the house! 

I would love to think that we will get to move from our house now into the new one but most likely it will be a couple weeks into August before we get to move in. 

Right now I am using my free time to pack and pinterest new decor for the house. I have fell in love with all the Farmhouse style decor. It is so shabby chic and keeps a nice clean look. I am in the process of finding me an old church pew (if you know where I can get my hands on one please text me) and a couple small wooden spools. 

Until next week!

~Mel


No comments:

Post a Comment