Thursday, May 16, 2013

NON-SCALE VICTORY

Today I am starting this post with a Non-Scale Victory!

The scale has not been my friend for a couple weeks now but I am still seeing changes in my body. So frustrating when the scale doesn't reflect the changes I feel like I'm seeing. I guess I'm at that point where I just need to "ditch" the scale.

My entire married life (and the prior 2 years) I have always been a size 6-8. After kiddos I ended up in a size 10 but would manage to get myself back into a "tight" 8. Well after my shopping trip last week I was so excited to fit into a size 4 pair of shorts but after getting home there were a couple things I wasn't too happy about and decided to make a return run Wednesday.

I took little man to Awanas and ran out to the mall quickly. We all know if you have kiddos it takes 10x longer to do anything so having this 1 1/2 of "kid free" time was perfect for a quick mall run!

After returning the clothes I wasn't crazy about I decided that my major "need" was for jean capris.

I am a capris girl, I will wear shorts but I love my capris most. I have 2 pairs of my FAVE capris {Vera Wang Simply Vera from Kohls} but they were getting to big. <YAY> They are not your typical "mommy jeans" they fit nice and aren't too terribly expensive. I had Kohls cash and a coupon so off to Kohls I went!

Even though the capris were getting to lose I still wasn't sure that I could comfortably fit into a size 4. Well guess what...I DID!! But still being the skeptic that I am thought "well it is probably because that brand just runs bigger".

Why do we do this to ourself as women? Why can't we just be happy and rejoice in our fitness victories instead of not feeling like we haven't accomplished anything? Ugh will that ever change?

So I ran out of the fitting room and grabbed a pair of Lauren Conrad Jean capris and a pair of Apt. 9 jean capris, both in size 4. Guess what???? THEY FIT!! All 3 pairs fit!!

So I did what anyone would do...I bought all 3. Yep they came home with me and I am so excited about that!

Find joy in EVERYTHING that you do! I vow to let myself rejoice at how far I have come and not think about how far I still have to go!
I will leave you with a few pics of my new size 4s!! 😉
I hope you all have a great weekend!




1 comment: