Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Month of THANKS-GIVING



AMEN.

This post is inspired by God & The Birthday Project.  Doing something similar to TBD has been on my heart for a while now but I just hadn't figure out what yet. For the past few years I have noticed that beginning November 1st people will post on FB or Twitter what they are thankful for each day up until Thanksgiving. After the first week or two the post can be kind of silly but still meaningful. We really should be giving thanks for all things on a day to day basis.

I am going to take my Thankfulness one step further. I am going to do a Month of Thanks-Giving.

Starting today, with each thing I am thankful for, I am going to somehow pay it forward. My goal is to share with you each day what I'm thankful for and how I paid it forward.

I will also have a few people who will be guest posting this month with something they are thankful for and how they are sharing the love of Christ as well!

I am very fortunate to have so many things to be thankful for. There are so many others out there who can only be thankful that they are alive. I hope this inspires you to take your Thankfulness one step further with me. Even if its only 1 act of Thankfulness this month...it's one more than what you are planning on doing now.

I'm praying God will lead me, direct me and let HIS LOVE and GRACE show through me this whole month through (and many more for that matter).

What are you thankful for this month? I would love to hear from you all!

If you feel led to pay forward what you are thankful for and would like to share, email me at sweetsouthernmel@gmail.com and I will share your thankfulness with others. Remember it doesn't have to be BIG, just a small act of kindness goes a LONG LONG WAY!

We can all use ideas and inspiration from each other to help the us bear the Fruits of the Spirit!

Oh and I can't not post a picture of my babies from Halloween last night!! They were just too C-U-T-E!




~Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment